The Open Food Network UK team are seeking a passionate and creative person to join our team in supporting our users – the food producers and food enterprises that are in our network.
About the Open Food Network (OFN)
During COVID the Open Food Network UK has grown from a community of 20 regional food networks to a community of over 50. These amazing food hubs and producers are working their socks off providing good food to good people across the country. Meanwhile new individuals, networks, communities and producers are joining all the time. Our vision is a national (in fact international) network of food enterprises that put their communities and the planet first. A world in which all food is produced using agroecological methods and is distributed in such a way that communities thrive and everyone is well nourished!
Can you help us make this happen?
We’re looking for someone that can fit well into our compact team and help us provide outstanding user support for the food producers and food hubs in our network. The backbone of our Network is our software platform. It is a powerful tool and we want our users to get the most out of it. This means you’ll develop a deep level of understanding of the platform and surrounding integrations. However, the support we offer does not end at the software. Running a food enterprise involves marketing, optimising processes and building a viable business. You’ll support our users across their whole journey, helping them grow into thriving hubs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work with our current and potential users (food hubs and food producers) to help create thriving food hubs across the country
- Support current and potential users to understand the software tools available, navigating complex features and making them seem simple.
- Work with our existing software support team and fit seamlessly into our existing processes
- Support current and potential users to access marketing, business and integrations support available by working closely with the rest of the team.
- Work with the existing team in generating content, case studies, understanding requirements and documenting issues.
- Explore and propose ideas that will help us to develop the experience for our users, working with our marketing and customer experience folks to bounce, test and nurture ideas.
Our ideal next team member will:
- Find software intuitive. When you use a new piece of software you tend to be able to find your way around it and use user guides to figure things out.
- Love supporting people who find software more difficult than you do. You love to be able to walk them through, slowly but surely, the steps and take pride in explaining things clearly. Even when the person you’re supporting is finding it really hard!
- Be organised and value attention to detail. You’ll be working with dozens of users at any one time across a range of tasks. You’ll be comfortable switching tasks regularly.
- Thrive in a small, remote working team. You’ll be self directed and quick to ask when you need help.
- Be a clear communicator. You’ll be able to switch between technical communications to creative storytelling easily as the range of tasks requires.
- Be driven to put communities at the centre of food systems!
This is a 6 month 0.4 FTE position with the possibility for extension dependent on funding.
We’ve always worked remotely and probably always will so you’ll need your own computer. The whole team is currently freelance, however this is changing and is open for discussion. Our team is non-hierarchical so you’ll be working with all of us. From experience we know this requires a special mix of humility, accountability and autonomy. If this all resonates with you then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Applications are now closed for this post.